Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Israeli aircraft strike Gaza Strip after rocket attack Read more: Israeli aircraft strike Gaza Strip after rocket attack

Times of Israel 3/12/14 BREAKING #BREAKING

Islamic Jihad bases targeted; State Department calls heavy barrage ‘reprehensible,’ says Israel has the right to defend itself

The Israeli Air Force launched airstrikes in the Gaza Strip shortly after 10 p.m. on Wednesday in retaliation for a massive rocket barrage earlier in the day, the largest of its kind since 2012

Israeli planes struck at least five strategic points in the coastal enclave, primarily in areas around the cities of Khan Younis and Rafah.

“If there is no quiet in our south, no quiet for the residents of Israel, there will be noise, lots of noise in Gaza,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said at a joint press conference with his British counterpart, David Cameron.
The US State Department decried the barrage of rockets from the Gaza Strip on Wednesday, referring to it as “reprehensible,” and stressing that Israel reserves the right to protect its citizens.
“The United States condemns in the strongest terms today’s rocket attacks into Israel by terrorists from the Gaza Strip,” read a statement from spokeswoman Jen Psaki.
“There is no justification for such attacks. We call for these terrorist attacks to cease immediately. Israel, like any nation, has a right to defend itself.” READ HERE


Read more: Israeli aircraft strike Gaza Strip after rocket attack | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/iaf-aircraft-strike-gaza-targets-after-rocket-attack/#ixzz2vmfFFT5c
Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment