Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Israeli Arabs help to debunk apartheid myths

from Canadian Jewish News March 17, 2014

NOTE: A very wise and hopeful organization. More of us should use and sponsor this group! 

Eight Israelis who identify as Jewish, Muslim, Druze or Bedouin were in Toronto last week as part of a program called WordSwap, hoping to get the last word on the Israeli apartheid debate.
Flown in by StandWithUs Canada, a non-profit, pro-Israel advocacy group, Orit Tepper, Rabea Bader and Muhamed Heeb told The CJN about the message they hope to send to students who are inundated with dishonest, anti-Israel rhetoric on campus.
"Bader said he thinks the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement is “a joke.”
“All I hear is propaganda, lies, and seriously, I thought they wanted to boycott Israel because they want peace, but they’re not talking about peace… Peace or no peace, they’re boycotting Israel,” Bader said.
Tepper said she feels the majority of the Jewish community still doesn’t grasp the seriousness of the situation faced by pro-Israel students on Canadian campuses.
“The Jewish community needs to realize what is going on. We need their support. We can’t have just a few students carrying everything on their backs, and that’s how I felt when I was at York. That we were working around the clock and we were by ourselves,” Tepper said."  Read It all HERE
- See more at: http://www.cjnews.com/campus/israeli-arabs-help-debunk-apartheid-myths#sthash.6NRpF8zH.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment